As a professional home stager, Jennifer Farley is happy to provide her clients with an individualized home staging analysis to ensure your home is in top selling condition. As a seller, you only control 2 things: price and condition. Home staging experts have found that a staged home will net the seller 6.9% more and will see 50% less time on the market.
WHY HOME STAGING?
- The investment in staging is always less than a price reduction.
- Buyers determine what a house will sell for, not the sellers (create the emotional attachment!).
- Think of your home as a house and your house as a product.
- Professional staging will bring a quick sale in a buyer’s market and more money in a hot market.
- Buyers remember what they see, not what will be.
- If you can smell it, you can’t sell it.
- You’re selling your house and the space inside the house, not your stuff!
- Clutter eats equity.
- Price must be right = Price must match condition!
WHERE TO BEGIN
- Curb Appeal – this is the buyer’s first impression of your home. Whether it be online or a drive-by, this step is critical to netting you the most is resale.
- Trim and house paint/front door
- Sweep decks & patios
- Remove moss from walks, patios and roof (if needed)
- Pressure wash and stain decks
- Reduce clutter (old flower pots, BBQ, toys, excess furniture, etc)
- Repair broken fences
- Trim plants & branches, add mulch, remove dead plants
- Remove trash cans and old wood piles
- Repaint if necessary
- Setting the Stage – PREPACK! The way you live in your home and the way you sell your home are two different things
- Conquer Clutter – Clutter eats equity! The way you live in your home and the way you sell your home are two different things.
- Q-Tip Clean – A clean house looks better and provides the buyer with the feeling that it is a well-cared for house.
Want to learn more about staging your home? Contact us today!